Want to join an online community of women who just 'get it'? Our private Facebook peer support group has over 2,000 members and is a safe and accepting platform to source support from.
Please take a moment to review our community rules below before joining our peer support group here.
We encourage our members to give and receive support, sharing their stories and experiences in times of grief, distress and wellness.
We respect where members are at on their grief journey, and listen without judgment. Appreciate that others may have an opinion that is different to yours. If you see abuse or bullying of any kind, please report it using the 'report to group admins' option on the post concerned.
We support our members to talk openly about difficult subjects in a safe manner. Remember that although our group is closed and private, your information and posts are public to those within the group. Don't post personal information that you would not be comfortable sharing with a stranger.
We approach all our discussions with kindness, warmth and always assume the best intentions. Welcome new members, share your tips, experience and advice where applicable. If you are a new member, make sure to introduce yourself - our incredibly supportive and welcoming community is waiting for you.
We need to ensure that all content within the closed group is respectful and not harmful in anyway. For this reason, we may edit or choose to remove anything that:
- contains disrespectful or derogatory remarks about any other member
- contains advice or content that we believe is damaging, unhelpful or distressing to others
- contains links
- contains swearing or language of an offensive or abusive nature
- promotes personal beliefs in a way that is disrespectful of the choices of others
- infringes the privacy of individuals or service providers
- is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit or suggestive, abusive or otherwise discriminatory or objectionable.
- advertises products, services, events or research
- describes or encourages violence, suicide or other activity which could endanger the safety or wellbeing of others
- contains methods or detail of suicide or self-harm
- is a copy of another post or contains the same, or similar, message posted multiple times elsewhere
- is made from duplicate accounts.
A small team of admin do monitor this group however, due to the dynamic nature and sheer volume of posts, we are unable to immediately read everything written - therefore, much of the responsibility for maintain our safe and friendly environment lies with you.
If any material posted raises concerns about your safety or the safety or others, we may try to contact you to make sure that you and/or others are safe. Providing a safe platform for all of our members is something we take very seriously and this includes recognising when a member may benefit from participating in discussions within the group and when it may be more appropriate to seek external support.
As Motherless Daughters Australia only provides a networking and group meeting support service, we are not qualified counsellors, nor do we provide counselling services. However, there are a wonderful range of services available and we encourage you to follow the most appropriate link below should you require further assistance.